Leonid Group have recently be retained to search for a Senior Customs Manager on behalf of a leading technology and aerospace and defence company.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a global industrial conglomerate to take responsibility for trade compliance matters across all of their UK sites across their different divisions, with a strong focus on Customs.
- Lead and oversee implementation of Customs Compliance program elements, policies and procedures and automated tools at assigned facilities in the United Kingdom, based on regulatory and corporate requirements;
- Ensure proper TC controls are identified and embedded into business processes and operations at UK-based sites and consistently executed;
- Identify export compliance risks and ensure mitigation plans are in place;
- Provide managerial oversight over activities of UK-based TC Site Leads and Customs Officers; to provide transactional support and guidance for export licensing, party screening, jurisdiction and classification, transactions due diligence, facility controls and records keeping management;
- Provide consistent guidance and frequent communication on trade compliance matters, including regular regulatory updates relevant to UK organisation to raise awareness;
- Provide mentoring and coaching to direct and indirect customs compliance personnel;
- Provide oversight of internal assessments, investigations and completion of corrective actions at the sites in UK;
- Identify trainings needs related to customs compliance and conduct training sessions, participate in mandatory training sessions and ensure constant self-education in the area of customs compliance;
- Continuously seek for improvements without compromising the compliance level, utilize benchmark opportunities and lessons learned from reviews, audit and internal reports;
- Serve as the primary TC liaison to UK-based CC personnel and support the European Trade Compliance Director.
- In-depth knowledge of UK, EU & US Customs Laws and Regulations.
- Strong Computer Skills: SAP (GTS module), Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint. SharePoint experience beneficial.
- Experience with auditing for implementation of customs compliance initiatives.
- Experience with collecting and analyzing data and preparing concise and timely reports.
- Ability to distill and communicate complicated issues (legal or technical) into easy to understand language.
- Knowledge of industry practices.
- Experienced with solving complex problems using collaborative techniques.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field (or combination of education and experience).
- Proven direct experience with International Trade Regulations and/or Compliance.
- Experience with managing teams and building and maintain relations with senior business leaders.
Key Skills and Competencies required:
- Experience in High Technology, Defence or Aerospace environment.
- Strong leadership skills required. Previous program/project management experience highly desired.
- Previous experience in a similar capacity for a high tech/defence firm with large shipment volume and licensing.
- Prior experience with U.S. Consent Agreements is highly desired.
- Expertise in end-use/end-user assurance requirements and procedures in various national jurisdictions, including United Kingdom, EU and United States.
- Extensive experience with dealing with UK Military and Dual Use products and multilateral control regimes.
- Expertise in EAR regulations, OFAC Sanctions, and Anti-Boycott requirements.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation).
- Possesses strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead, create new ideas, and be assertive.
- Able to serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines; able to make sound and timely business decisions.
The Leonid Group Corporate Governance is a talent acquisition consultancy that specialises in the placement of Legal, Compliance, Trade Compliance & Ethics professionals on an international scale across the Americas, EMEA and APAC. Legal and compliance are both global, with teams worldwide, and our network reflects this. We work with multinational corporations to help structure their departments with the best people, from the Global Chief Compliance Officer and General Counsel to the Compliance Analyst and Trade Compliance Specialist.
t and Trade Compliance Specialist.