This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing energy firm as a Compliance Manager in a role that will work extremely closely with the Chief Compliance Officer to design and build the compliance programme.
- Focal point for one of our client's main business units, including working with the division's Chief Operating Officer and their team closely on all compliance related matters.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders such as legal, leadership teams, supply chain, commercial, clients, JV partners etc.
- In cooperation with the Compliance Training Manager, design and deliver training sessions based on the compliance training and communication plan for the the division's operations in Aberdeen.
- Keep up to date with regulatory developments.
- Work closely with other compliance resources to ensure the full co-operaation for the support of the division's operations.
- Responsible for the compliance risk review process including (but not limited to) the scheduling of compliance team wide workshops to agree the risks, liaising with key business conducts to source data and following up with assigned stakeholders to expediate their responses to ensure there is sufficient data to allow the review to be completed.
- Involved in investigations and/or support of investigations as required by the Investigations Team and instructed by the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Following the successful integration into the business (i.e. 6-9 months) take responsibility in reviewing Gifts, Entertainment, & Hospitality submissions, in addition to taking a leading role in the Conflict of Interest tool management, and donations and Corporate Social Responsibility reviews from Compliance perspective.
The above is an outline of key duties and accountabilities, rather than an exclusive or exhaustive list of responsibilities. The post holder is expected to undertake any tasks which may reasonably be expected within the scope of the position.
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in law, finance or business;
- Professional compliance experience in a similar role;
- Familiar with industry practices and standards
The Leonid Group Corporate Governance is a talent acquisition consultancy that specialises in the placement of Legal, Compliance, Trade Compliance & Ethics professionals on an international scale across the Americas, EMEA and APAC. Legal and compliance are both global, with teams worldwide, and our network reflects this. We work with multinational corporations to help structure their departments with the best people, from the Global Chief Compliance Officer and General Counsel to the Compliance Analyst and Trade Compliance Specialist.