European Trade Compliance Specialist
Location: Remote across Europe
Term: 24 months
Salary: €40,000-70,000 / £35,000-65,000
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing US manufacturing business and act as the go-to person for trade compliance matters across Europe. The successful person will participate in overall management of our client’s imports / exports to ensure compliance with all applicable EU Customs laws and regulations, as well as liaising with local Customs officials as needed to facilitate the movement of goods. This positions reports to the Global Head of Trade Compliance in the US.
- · Knowledge of EU and regional Customs import and export laws and regulations
- · Ability to interface with all our client’s internal departments
- · Capability to represent the company with regards to all import / export related government
- agencies and outside EU consultants when required
- · Ability to coordinate and deliver project goals and objectives within a defined time period in a cross-functional environment.
- · Ability to be proactive in recognising and adjusting to shifting priorities.
- · Self-motivated and directed, capable of operating semi-autonomously.
- · Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- · P.C. experience and skills, specifically EXCEL, WORD, and Outlook.
- · BA/BS with 3-5 years related import/export operational and compliance experience
- · Proficient in English. Ability to speak French and Italian a plus
This position will be 100% remote (and the successful candidate can be based in France, the UK, Germany, Italy, Denmark or Belgium).
This position will initially be a two-year fixed-term contract (with possibilities to extend).