Senior Canadian Tax Consultant – remote UK based!
Location: Remote - based in the UK
Leonid Group have recently been retained to source a Senior Canadian Tax Consultant to join the R&D Tax team of one of the leading national consultancies!
Well established in the UK with more than 100 employees, this Innovation Incentives specialist is now developing the business in Canada. They are looking for a Tax Consultant with extensive knowledge of the CRA legislation (and ideally experience with SR&ED) excited by the prospect of taking part in building something to join their team.
You’ll be responsible for the preparation and submission of SR&ED reports and will ensure they are processed in line with CRA legislation. This will involve:
- Completing tax return submissions, amendments and CRA reviews following internal processes to maximise client benefit, accuracy and due diligence;
- Taking an active role with CRA reviews, investigations, including research, problem-solving and client communications;
- Proactively reviewing the new legislation in order to explore other potential forms of Canadian tax relief where relevant.
- Being responsible for the implementation of training for SR&ED operations in line with role responsibilities.
- You have a Canadian Tax Qualification;
- You have at least 4 years of professional experience including a minimum of 2 years working in a Tax related role;
- You ideally have some experience with or knowledge of the SR&ED scheme or other forms of Canadian Tax Relief;
- Excellent knowledge of the CRA legislation, you have ideally been involved in CRA calls;
- Organizational skills and attention to detail;
- The will to make a difference and interest in shaping your career within R&D Tax;
- The ability to take on change and be flexible, shifting tasks and priorities.
This role is remote for now and can remain remote.
When back to normal conditions you’ll be asked to go to the office (in Manchester) a minimum of 1 day a month but will be free to go as much as you’d like to.