My client is a public American global contract logistics company with revenues exceeding $7 billion, which is looking to strengthen their compliance programme globally. This position will report directly to the Global Chief Compliance Officer, in the US, and work in the same office as their Global General Counsel.
As the Senior Compliance Counsel, which will based in London, you will be responsible for performing compliance and regulatory functions, working creatively with leadership and ensuring plans are properly implemented and executed. As part of a global compliance team, this role will lead global initiatives while providing key counsel on global issues governed by U.S. law, including, but not limited to, anti-bribery, antitrust and investigations.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Provide legal counsel on all compliance and regulatory issues facing the world’s largest pure-play contract logistics provider
- Support the continued enhancement of the compliance program by developing key global policies, procedures, controls, communication strategies and employee training
- Provide legal support to colleagues on compliance investigations and voluntary disclosures
- Support oversight of periodic assessments and audits to guarantee compliance with applicable global laws and company policies
- Prepare required summaries and work with various business units to resolve compliance matters, as well as government filings when necessary
- Advise on complex legal regulatory questions
- Identify common and conflicting legal issues across the company and contribute to high-level policy decision-making
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Juris Doctor (JD) from a nationally accredited law school or equivalent legal qualification.
- 7+ years of legal experience working in compliance with experience in running end-to-end investigations
- Availability to travel domestic and internationally
- 7+ years of legal experience working in global compliance and investigations
- Experience working in the legal & compliance department of a global U.S. public company
- Experience working in the logistics, supply chain or manufacturing industries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective organizational and leadership skills; ability to use a variety of interpersonal styles and communication methods to effectively adapt to new work structures, processes or cultures
- Strong aptitude for understanding and analyzing large volumes of information from multiple sources with the ability to produce unambiguous, comprehensive and accurate interpretations
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills to deal effectively with individuals and groups within and outside the organization
- Highly motivated with the capacity to work with minimal supervision while building effective and collaborative internal and external work relationships
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and time demands with a high level of urgency, personal integrity, energy and stamina
- Ability to communicate in multiple languages a plus
The Leonid Group Corporate Governance is a talent acquisition consultancy that specialises in the placement of Legal, Compliance, Trade Compliance & Ethics professionals on an international scale across the Americas, EMEA and APAC. Legal and compliance are both global, with teams worldwide, and our network reflects this. We work with multinational corporations to help structure their departments with the best people, from the Global Chief Compliance Officer and General Counsel to the Compliance Analyst and Trade Compliance Specialist.