Senior Credit Analyst (remote)
Salary: £50,000 + equity
Our client is a financial services start-up in the UK that provides innovative SMEs with advanced funding offset against their R&D tax credits and innovate UK grant schemes.
In the current climate where UK SMEs need all the support they get can get, our client supports the most innovative companies’ lenders may often exclude. The companies will often be loss making due to significant investment in R&D/innovation; with the incoming non-dilutive funding of tax credits or grants, our client supports them with the short-term liquidity they need to thrive. Our client is diligent – only 1.3% of loans have defaulted since their inception two years ago.
They recently struck a multimillion-pound partnership deal with a London-based investment firm which will allow them a significant lending facility to fund and support the UK’s 3.5 million SMEs.
Leonid Group have been retained to source a Senior Credit Analyst to join the team. You will play a key role in the longer-term growth of this business; working closely with the founders and growing the CA team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Performing in-depth due diligence on potential customers; analysing their existing credit position and monthly cash flow to assess their validity for a short-term loan
- Passionately support innovative UK SMEs; working closely with top stakeholders and owners of the business’s
- Work closely with the Founders of the business to streamline processes and efficiencies in the DD process
- The opportunity to take leadership of a team of analysts as the business grows (they’re currently processing approx. 80 loans annually; with the recent partnership increasing their lending facility they anticipate processing 600 p.a. by 2022
- Entrepreneurial; excited about scaling an innovative company, that exists to strengthen and support UK SMEs
- Professional experience in a similar role performing in-depth due diligence on business’, ideally across a range of sectors
- Insolvency and/or restructuring specialists would be welcomed
- Good financial skills and the ability to intricately analyse cash flows and financial statements
- Professional certifications such as ACA, ACCA, CFA, JIEB welcomed
- Able to work remotely and autonomously; mature and able to manage their own workload – not needing micromanagement.
Location: This role can be done entirely remotely, although there is a London office in Hammersmith if you’d like to pop in from time to time.
Compensation & benefits: £50,000 (flexible depending on experience) + opportunity for equity in the future