Our client specialises in creation of high end, innovative machinery for the automotive sector.
They are paving the way to a zero-waste global economy. Whether industrial production, energy or maritime industry. They tackle tomorrow's challenges today – sustainable value creation for their customers.
The company is headquartered in North America and employs around 40,000 worldwide. Their technology portfolio incorporates the experience of more than 90 years of engineering tradition.
Customs Senior Specialist - International Multilingual candidates welcomed!
What’s in it for you
- The company is on an exciting journey to change the way mobility is provided, how vehicles are developed, produced, maintained, and sold and Customs and Trade is in the middle and an important part of this.
- They are somewhat unique in the automotive world in that Customs is given a loud voice in all decision’s development, manufacturing, sourcing, and pricing.
- As part of our Customs Programs team, you will become a key person when it comes to the future (and current) setup, car programs and company-wide changes such as new plants and sites and changed industrial, logistical or commercial setup.
What you will do
- Together with your team you will own all customs matters which are not product based - car programs, industrial footprint, network setups etc. along with initiatives surfacing from outside of the I0Q/SCM direct scope.
- The team will be responsible to absorb the company plans and drive the needed representation of customs and export controls input in early phases to ensure decisions are made with the full appreciation of their consequences.
- Collectively, when company decisions are made, the team will be responsible to articulate the plans back into the rest of the teams and drive all preparations required for the successful delivery of customs and export controls.
- In this role you will be expected to drive our agenda and form new networks where you can guide the "Designed for Customs & Export Controls" philosophy.
- It should be expected in many cases that there will be no ready-made script for you to follow so you will need to be prepared to tread new paths leading the way for us.
- You are an experienced customs and trade advisor with proven success in driving strategic customs matters in large global organisation or consulting firms.
- You don't wait to be lead, you bring the ideas, direction and then deliver together with your network.
- Importantly, you have business insight and are able to leave the comfort of the customs and export controls textbooks and drive innovative solutions that enable the company to move forwards.
- You are likely on the pathway for a leadership role or hold aspirations to take more of a driving role in your career.
- In all cases you follow through on your commitments building trust with your team and colleagues.
- You are a team player and own successes and learnings together with your team.
The Leonid Group Corporate Governance is a talent acquisition consultancy that specialises in the placement of Legal, Compliance, Trade Compliance & Ethics professionals on an international scale across the Americas, EMEA and APAC. Legal and compliance are both global, with teams worldwide, and our network reflects this. We work with multinational corporations to help structure their departments with the best people, from the Global Chief Compliance Officer and General Counsel to the Compliance Analyst and Trade Compliance Specialist.